Why is Occupational Wellness Important?
When an individual is satisfied with their career path, they may experience increased job satisfaction, enhanced proficiency and productivity, higher commitment, and elevations in energy and enthusiasm. Careers that are consistent with one’s personal values, passions and beliefs are often more rewarding than those that are not.
- Assess strengths and weaknesses
- Develop functional, transferrable skills
- Find ways to enjoy daily tasks
- Seek motivating and interesting work
- Use Career Development Center services